Class 5. Miss Turner
Welcome to Class 6
We are a class of 24 Year 2 children in Key Stage 1.
Miss Sophie Turner – Class Teacher
Miss Leanne Grabowski – Learning Support Assistant
Miss Staci Williamson - Learning Support Assistant
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Please ensure that full PE kit is in school everyday.
- We hand in our Homelinks books every Tuesday to share our reading, spellings and other activities. Our Homelinks books are given back on Wednesday with information about what we are learning this week.
- We change our reading books every Friday but also take our guided reading books home too.
- We bring our book bag with our reading books and Homelinks book everyday.
- We enjoy a piece of fruit at morning playtime.
- We bring fresh water to school each morning.
Our topics for this term are Up in the Air and Water.
In English, we are learning about stories and poetry. We have phonics and guided reading sessions every day. We are also practising our joined handwriting.
In Mathematics, we are improving our understanding of place value and counting in steps of one, two, three, five and ten. We are learning about addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and learning different strategies to solve calculations and problems. We also practise aspects of our Key Instant Recall Facts each day.
On Wednesday afternoons, we are doing PE with Mr Brewin and learning about Science with Mrs Kemble. After half term, we will be learning French with Mrs Allenby and Music with Mr Will Welsford.