Skip to content ↓

Parents

These pages contain information and links that you may find useful.  Please also visit our about us pages for school documents, policies and other information.  Suggestions for content for these pages should be addressed to Ian Payne.

Information about SEPSIS

Sepsis trust website.  Click Here.

Sepsis Symptoms Guidance Leaflet.  Click Here.

Warning about Button Batteries

We have been asked to make our parents aware of the potential risks posed by button batteries. The batteries, which are often found in toys and gadgets, can be extremely harmful if mistakenly swallowed. Children under the age of  5 years old are predominately at risk – for instance they may mistake these as sweets.  

If you think a child may have swallowed a button battery:  (please act immediately)

  • Take them straight to A&E or dial 999 for an ambulance
  • Do not allow your child to eat or drink
  • Do not try and make your child sick

Further resources:

(http://capt.org.uk/safety-advice/keeping-children-safe-button-batteries

Re-ACT Talks: Batteries, Burns and other Bombs

http://www.rospa.com/home-safety/advice/product/button-cell-batteries/