Trip to Conkers 2016
What did the Lower Key Stage Two children do at Conkers?
- We braved the labyrinth, listening all the time for the snort of a minotaur!
- We tiptoed into ‘The Deep Dark Wood’ where we stood completely still and simply listened.
- We did ‘The Barefoot Walk’ – a multi- sensory walk through the woods - water, gravel, coal, boulders, wood – a very noisy experience!
- We caught the ‘Conkerchoo’ to Waterside – an opportunity for a sit down!
- We let off steam on the Adventure Playground – towers, slides, swings and even a zip wire!
- We watched families of ducks and geese in their natural habitats.
- We had a ranger led pond dipping session where we caught and identified water boatmen, water beetles, water snails and leeches (the harmless variety!)
Who wants to return soon to explore more of the 120 acres?
We all do!
Have a look through the photos and see how much fun we had.
Photos coming soon