Skip to content ↓

Our Ethos


Beacon Academy 16th March

Stonebow vs Beacon Academy

Stonebow and Beacon Academy played a tightly contested game on Thursday 16th March. This was the third installment of this fixture with the first game ending in a 0-0 draw and Stonebow winning 2-1 in the second game. The game started explosively with both teams playing attacking football and creating goal scoring opportunities. After a back and forth first 5 minutes Stonebow took the lead after the constant attacking pressure resulted in Beacon Academy scoring an unfortunate well-placed own goal. 

After two minutes of constant attacking pressure from Beacon and some great 1-on-1 saves by Will, Beacon managed to equalise. Stonebow and Beacon continued to play end to end football with both team carving out chances. Soon after their first goal Beacon doubled their tally to put themselves 2-1 up.

The boys did not let their heads drop from this and continued to play some great attacking football which lead to Stonebow receiving a free kick just before half time. Isaac stood over the ball just inside of the Beacon half and rifled the ball into the top left corner beating everyone in its way. The teams went into half time drawing 2-2.

The second half picked up where the game finished at half time with both teams playing great attacking football. Stonebow started to get more on the ball in the second half which resulted in playing some lovely triangle balls cutting open the Beacon defence. The Beacon goalkeeper did well to stop any shots from the Stonebow attackers. From this Beacon hit Stonebow on the counter twice and managed to double their lead to go 4-2 up.

The boys did not let their heads drop and looked to bring the score back soon after. Leo constantly whipped precise balls into the box from the right and was unlucky to find a Stonebow player on the end with Beacon managing to just deflect the crosses. Finally the crosses from Leo payed off with Rhys capitalizing on the Beacon goalkeepers spill and tucked home Stonebow’s third. Stonebow went all out attack in the last few minutes to try and grab a 4th goal but the Beacon defence managed to just hold on to win 4-3. This was defiantly a great game if you were a neutral fan!

MOTM: William