Loughborough Learning Alliance
The Loughborough Learning Alliance (LLA) is a group of schools in Loughborough and the surrounding Leicestershire area who have been working together since September 2014. The LLA is based at Ashmount School and all Schools in our alliance believe that sharing and working together to improve outcomes for children in our schools is a fulfilling and effective way of ensuring that no child and no school gets left behind.
The LLA offers training and support through Primary Teacher Training, Secondary Teacher Training, opportunities for Continuing Professional Development (CPD), School to School support (Providing support for other schools),
Overall this aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership within partner schools of which Stonebow is one. Membership of the Loughborough Learning Alliance includes the following benefits:
- Being part of a Learning Alliance and working collaboratively as a strong family of schools.
- Sharing best practice with other local schools, leaders and teachers.
- Access to high quality CPD courses at a discounted rate.
- Free attendance at a range of termly Network Meetings. LLA member schools can attend our networks cost-free, therefore giving access to nearly 50 network meetings across 16 different subjects.
- Opportunities to host our trainee teachers on their school placements – priority is given to LLA schools when organising placements, and funding is available to schools for all placements.
- The chance for staff to develop their coaching and mentoring skills whilst working with our trainees, benefitting from support from the LLA and the University of Derby.
- Opportunities for your staff to lead ITT training sessions for the LLA (funding available to cover release time) to share good practice and support their own professional development too.
- Opportunities to engage in research and development activities and access project funding.
- Personalised support from the LLA with your school development priorities and needs.
- Access to school support from LLA staff and our designated SLEs, NLEs and NLGs.
- A personalised summary of your school’s involvement in the Learning Alliance prepared as evidence in preparation for your OFSTED inspection.
- Attending LLA Member meetings and Primary Head meetings to contribute to the direction of the Learning Alliance and its work.
- Keeping up-to-date with the Leicestershire and Rutland Teaching School Hub’s work and what your school can access, with regular updates from the LLA, as a named partner of the Hub.