Upper Key Stage 2
|Teacher Mrs Mistry||Teacher Mrs Lakin||Teacher Mrs Bailey|
|Miss Milner||Mrs Noble||Mrs Robinson|
- Pace and responsibility for independent learning
- Behaviour Policy and rewards
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Uniform / PE kit and dress code
- House and Vice Captains
- School Ambassadors
- Other whole school responsibilities
- Class Monitors
- Extra Curricular Clubs (after school and lunchtime)
- Autumn: Evolution and Inheritance
- (competition to survive, adaptations, inherited similarities and differences etc.)
- Spring: Forces
- Summer: Animals including humans
- There is a possibility that these topics could change.
- Cross curricular learning based around themes each term:
- Autumn 1 : Stormbreaker
- Autumn 2: Geography – Wet & Wild
- Spring: Victorians
- Summer: Predators
- Homework - the focus is for the children to learn their spellings, times tables, KIRFS and reading.
- One creative project for each half term in which the whole family can get involved. Opportunities to share across classes will be organised.
- All spellings and homework will be shared within a book and children will be able to share their work on Google classroom.
- Year 6 – 10 minute buster books will be provided by the school in January 2022 for targeted SAT revision.
- We have large classes in Upper Key Stage 2, with 32 and 33 children .
- Our cloak room needs to be managed well to ensure safety and practicality, so please only essentials in school bags, there is no need for pencil cases in normal teaching time. We provide everything.
- A single water bottle for the day is ideal, one extra for lunch if really needed. Weather appropriate coat.
- A healthy snack of fruit or vegetables only for break time.
- Home Links Book – If there is a message please could children make us aware.
- Reading Journals Too.
- Our school uniform consists of:
- Navy sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan, with or without logo
- Navy or white polo shirt, with or without logo
- Dark grey trousers, skirt or pinafore (no jeans, joggers or leggings)
- Navy, grey or white socks/tights
- In warmer weather – grey shorts, or blue summer dress
- Footwear – black flat shoes or plain black trainers (no fluorescent patterns), black flat ankle boots (not knee high)
- White or navy plain t-shirt, dark shorts, a pair of trainers (joggers, warm top
- for outdoor PE). Kits to be worn on PE days – Tuesday & Thursday
- There is no jewellery allowed, other than watches or stud earrings (which must be removed for PE). Long hair should be tied back at all times.
- Nail varnish is also not allowed.
- Children should also bring into school a coat and/or waterproof, in case of bad weather (which can change suddenly!)
- ALL clothing and equipment should be named. This helps resolve issues quickly when things go missing!